The Fountain Inn Wesleyan Church on Woodside Avenue is celebrating 100 years of continuous ministry in the community. A special anniversary service will be held at the church on Sunday, April 24, 2016 from 10 am until 12 noon. A catered meal will follow in the Fellowship Building.
The Fountain Inn Wesleyan Methodist Church was organized in 1916 by evangelist, Rev. J.M. Hames, following a tent revival meeting near the Woodside Mill village community. As part of its paternalistic services, the mill company provided a building to give the workers and residents of the mill village a place to worship.
During the pastorate of Rev. Clyde T. Bryant in 1936, the Woodside Mill company deeded the building and property to the Wesleyan Methodist Church. Through mergers with several other denominations, the official name eventually became The Wesleyan Church in 1968.
The church building has undergone many changes through the 100 years, but the vision remains the same, “To exalt Jesus Christ by Evangelizing the lost, Discipling Believers, Equipping the Church, and Ministering to Society.” Under the leadership of 21 pastors, many individuals have been saved and come to the know the Lord. The church is very proud of the impact it has had in the community during the last 100 years. It is our hope that the Lord will see for us to continue for many years to come.
The current pastor, Rev. Robert Broome, and the church family invite and encourage anyone who has been associated with the church in any way to join our celebration. Reservations are requested for the catered meal . Please call the church at (864) 862-5517 and leave a message, send a reply to Fountain Inn Wesleyan Church, PO Box 864, Fountain Inn, SC 29644, or visit www.FountainInnWesleyan.org to RSVP using the form on our Web site.